Formerly known as the Estadi Olímpic de Montjuïc, the stadium was renamed in 2001 in honour of the former president of Catalunya, Lluís Companys. It was originally built in 1929 and was part of the unsuccessful 1936 Olympics bid. However, when Barcelona was awarded the 1992 Olympics, the stadium was extensively renovated.


Warning: Use of undefined constant display - assumed 'display' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/sites/a/adwright.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/AdamCSS/single.php on line 30
Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys
23 June 2011